Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A mouth watering stir fry sure to please your family! This stir fry does not use a gravy.
- 3 lbs beef roast, raw and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup onion, cut into medium sized chunks
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced or 3⁄4 cup canned mushroom, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 cups cooked white rice, hot
- In a glass bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, water and lime juice.
- Add the thinly sliced meat to the bowl making sure the marinade coats the meat by tossing. Marinate the meat for one hour, stirring the meat once during that time to re-coat.
- Spray a wok or frying pan with a thin layer of non-stick spray.
- When your wok or pan is very hot, add the meat and quickly stir with a metal (not plastic) spatula or fork for 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your slices.
- Add the vegetables to your wok or pan and continue to stir quickly until they are hot but not soft.
- Serve over hot rice. Offer soy sauce and hard Chinese noodles to sprinkle on top.
Delicious easy recipe. I did not use a metal spatula, because my pan is non-stick. The lime juice adds a touch of brightness. Thanks for posting!