Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this in a magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like something my kids would love for a party or our next picnic.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a large container, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in the cold water, pineapple juice and orange juice concentrate.
- Freeze 1-2 hours before serving.
- Stir in the ginger ale just before serving.
- You may divide the mixture between two plastic containers before freezing. Once frozen, use them to help keep the items in your cooler chilled. They'll thaw to a nice slushy consistency.
- You may want to adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.