Prep 13 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Stacy Enders makes this and is a big hit! Thanks, Stacy for the recipe;o)
- 1 can evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- Chill the evaporated milk overnight.
- Dissolve lime flavored jello in hot water.
- In small bowl, combine lime and lemon juice.
- Add lemon/lime juice to hot water-- lime jello mixture.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Chill in refigerator until partly set (about 2 hours) Take out and whip untill fluffy.
- Whip chilled evaporated milk in a seperate bowl, fold lime mixture into it.
- Mix crushed wafers and melted butter.
- Press cookie mixture in a 9x13inch dish.
- Pour in the jello mixture.
- Shave chocolate square on top.
- Cover and refrigerate until firmly set.
Great, have been looking for this recipe my mom use to make. Only difference is we used oreo cookies for the base.