Recipe by Annacia
Personaly. I find that desserts with a tang are especially nice in warmer weather. The Colombian esponjado is excellent because because it can be made with a variety of fruits to change the flavors to your liking . This lime esponjado is a wonderful ending to any meal. Enjoy. Found on: My Colombian Recipes
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot add the water and gelatin. Over medium heat let it cook for about 2 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves.
- Place the lime juice and condensed milk in a blender and blend for about 2 minutes. Add the dissolved gelatin to the blender and blend for 1 more minute.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the heavy cream for about 3 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the lime mixture.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites and sugar in a clean bowl until stiff.
- Add half of the egg whites to the mixture, gently folding to incorporate them. Don’t overwork the mixture. Add the rest of the whites and fold the mixtures together.
- Spoon the mixture into individual serving glasses or bowls and refrigerate for about 5 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream or chopped graham crackers on top.