Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups Zwieback Toast Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, Melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 large eggs, Separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime peel, Grated
- 16 ounces lowfat neufchatel cheese, Soft
- 2 cups whipped topping, Thawed
- Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring- form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Add juice, egg yolks, 1/4 c sugar and peel; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture to the softened Light Neufchatel cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer, until well blended.
- Stir in a few drops of green food coloring, if desired.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form Fold egg whites and whipped topping into neufchatel cheese mixture, pour over crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with additional lime peel, if desired.