Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon.
Make and share this Lime Curry Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, to taste
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- parsley sprig
- 1 lb almonds, sliced
- Cut chicken into thin slices.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil and saute shallots until softened.
- Add bell pepper and cook until tender; stir in curry powder.
- Add chicken and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add lime juice.
- Just before serving, stir yogurt into the skillet; garnish with parsley and almonds.
- Per Serving: 185 cal, 72mg chol, 5g carb, 28g pro, 75mgNa, 6g fat Exchanges: 3 1/3 low fat meat, 1 veg %fat = 23%.
Quick and simple, nice to have such a satisfying supper on the table so quickly after a long working day! I used a yellow bellpepper, and in fact, used the whole thing, because I like vegetables, I used homemade curry powder, and at the end of the cooking time I added in a few lonely shrimp that weren't enough to be a meal in themselves. Definitely a keeper, thank you, lazyme! made for ZWT5
Delicious! This curry was so quick to put together, I kept to the recipe didn't change a thing. The flavours worked well together, the lime flavour was pronounced but it didn't dominate the chicken. Thank you lazyme - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*