A very tasty dressing that I got from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison. According to the cookbook, this dressing goes well with citrus fruits, onions, avacados, and peppers. Delicious.
- Combine the garlic, salt lime zest, juice, green onion, and chile.
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry skillet, cool on a plate.
- Grind the cooled seeds in a spice mill and add them to the juice mixture.
- Whisk in the mustard and oil.
- Add the cilantro just before serving.
Good, fresh dressing that was exceptionally fitting for a summer salad of fresh greens, sweet corn, pea pods, and peppers. I added several tablespoons of red wine vinegar, a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of kosher salt, for my own taste.