Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
A very tasty dressing that I got from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison. According to the cookbook, this dressing goes well with citrus fruits, onions, avacados, and peppers. Delicious.
Top Review by Domesticated Drea
Good, fresh dressing that was exceptionally fitting for a summer salad of fresh greens, sweet corn, pea pods, and peppers. I added several tablespoons of red wine vinegar, a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of kosher salt, for my own taste.
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 limes, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the garlic, salt lime zest, juice, green onion, and chile.
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry skillet, cool on a plate.
- Grind the cooled seeds in a spice mill and add them to the juice mixture.
- Whisk in the mustard and oil.
- Add the cilantro just before serving.