Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very tasty dressing that I got from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison. According to the cookbook, this dressing goes well with citrus fruits, onions, avacados, and peppers. Delicious.
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 limes, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Combine the garlic, salt lime zest, juice, green onion, and chile.
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry skillet, cool on a plate.
- Grind the cooled seeds in a spice mill and add them to the juice mixture.
- Whisk in the mustard and oil.
- Add the cilantro just before serving.
Good, fresh dressing that was exceptionally fitting for a summer salad of fresh greens, sweet corn, pea pods, and peppers. I added several tablespoons of red wine vinegar, a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of kosher salt, for my own taste.