Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
Here's a simple, flavourful marinate for chicken or shrimp.
Top Review by kyriekate
We used this for a summer dinner party on both shrimp and chicken. They both turned out great, but we took the advice and only left the shrimp in for about 20 or 30 minutes, which was perfect. The chicken was in for a little longer, so you could taste more of the marinade, which was just as good.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together well in small bowl.
- Adjust seasoning if desired.
- Place chicken or shrimp in ziplock bag and pour in marinade.
- For shrimp- marinate no longer than 1 hour.
- For chicken- marinate no longer than 4 hours.
- (The reason for the shortened marinating time is that the lime starts to"cook" the meat or seafood.) Grill!