Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be a main meal over rice or a unique side dish. Canned beans may be used but are not as good as cooked dried beans in my opinion. A bit of hot pepper may be used to add some spice to the dish. Prep time does not include time to cook the beans.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried black beans, cooked (pinto or navy can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin, cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add beans, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes until hot.
- Stir in cilantro, rind and lime juice.
Terrific beans! They have lots of fresh flavor from the garlic, lime and cilantro. I added a little bit of chopped red pepper, but that's all I did differently. They go great with rice and could be a main dish or side dish. Thanx for sharing!