Recipe by Buster's friend
from Davesgarden.com newsletter. Waiting for my Armenian cukes to make this one (grow babies, grow!). Love the coool taste pairing - lime & cukes. Gonna use my Genovese & Purple Rufffles basil in this recioe.
- 2 lbs cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons basil (cut in long, thin strips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and thinly slice cucumbers.
- Place in a colander, sprinkle with coarse salt. Drain for one hour.
- Mix juice, oil and sugar (Dave use a stick blender, I whisk by hand or shake in a container big enough to then add the cukes).
- Layer cucumbers and basil in a sealable container (like the one I shook the dressing in).
- Pour lime vinaigrette over the cucumbers.
- Chill 2-4 hours, occasionally shaking container to mix juices.