10 hrs 10 mins
A cool, sweet and tangy pie! Cook time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 314.66 ml gingersnap crumbs (made from crushing about 25 cookies - I use my food processor)
- 73.94 ml melted butter
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1Crust: Combine all ingredients in a bowl til moistened.
- 2Press and pack tightly into bottom and sides of 9 inch pie plate.
- 3Bake about 7 minutes in preheated 350 oven.
- 4Cool completely before filling.
- 5Pie: Whisk eggs, sugar and lime zest in saucepan til smooth.
- 6Add lime juice and butter and cook over medium heat, constantly whisking, til thickened 7 to 9 minutes.
- 7Strain mixture thru fine strainer into a bowl.
- 8Put plastic wrap on the surface of the filling and refrigerate until cold and thick, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 9Whip cream until soft peaks.
- 10Fold whipped cream into chilled lime mixture.
- 11Pour into prepared pie shell.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 6 hours.
- 13Arrange strawberry slices on top of the chilled pie and serve!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Cream & Fresh Strawberry Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.9
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 229.2 mg
- Sodium 609.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: