Recipe by SaraFish
A cool, sweet and tangy pie! Cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
This was so good, I had to throw it out. Seriously - there was half a pie left after dinner and I found myself alone with it the next day. It had to go - I would have eaten the entire half. My husband was furious. OK, I ate half the half before I tossed it.
For the crust
- 1 1⁄3 cups gingersnap crumbs (made from crushing about 25 cookies - I use my food processor)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Combine all ingredients in a bowl til moistened.
- Press and pack tightly into bottom and sides of 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake about 7 minutes in preheated 350 oven.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Pie: Whisk eggs, sugar and lime zest in saucepan til smooth.
- Add lime juice and butter and cook over medium heat, constantly whisking, til thickened 7 to 9 minutes.
- Strain mixture thru fine strainer into a bowl.
- Put plastic wrap on the surface of the filling and refrigerate until cold and thick, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Whip cream until soft peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into chilled lime mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 6 hours.
- Arrange strawberry slices on top of the chilled pie and serve!