Prep 45 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A light refreshing dessert for a hot day. Prep and cooking time is 1 hour, refrigeration is 3 hours.
- Dissolve 1 envelope of gelatin in 3 Tbls of water for 5 minutes.
- Rinse 1 lime under cold water, dry and finely grate the zest.
- Squeeze the juice from the 3 limes, set aside.
- Dissolve the sugar over low heat in 2/3 cup of water.
- Add the gelatin to the sugared water.
- Add the lime juice and 3/4 of the lime zest, stir and put into the refridgerator until the gelatin begins to set Whip the egg whites with a whisk until soft peaks form.
- Beat the gelatin with an electic mixer at medium speed until it is creamy.
- Gently fold in the egg whites, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream again and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- When firm, garnish with the remaining lime zest and serve.