Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a refreshing summer salad that goes with just about anything. This does not have as many ingredients as some do, but it is sooo good, and very easy to make as I usually have all three of the ingredients on hand most of the time. It is a pretty green and I just love it. We all do. I make it all year long. If you make it with the sugar-free jello and low-fat cottage cheese, it is a great Weight Watcher dish. I have used both kinds, and they both taste the same. It has only 1-2 points per serving.
- Drain the pineapple well and save the juice.
- Mix the jello according to directions on the box, using all of the pineapple juice as the liquid, adding enough water, if needed, to make the right amount on package.
- Put the jello in the refrigerator until it is partially set.
- Mix in the cottage cheese and pineapple.
- Put into a mold or pretty dish and refrigerate till firm.
This is the best! We've called it George's Green Jello as it was a family favorite. No family get-together was complete without this salad. It may sound weird with the combination of foods, but it is refreshing, delicious, and healthy.