1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position oven rack in the center of oven; preheat to 300°; have a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom at hand.
- 2Add the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, and salt to the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended.
- 3Add in the sugar and lime zest; process for a few seconds, until blended.
- 4Scatter the butter cubes over the flour mixture; pulse 6 or 7 times.
- 5Add in the vanilla extract; then process for 6 seconds, or until the crumbs are fine and powdery.
- 6Process for another 5 to 7 seconds, until the crumbs are clumpier and the dough holds together easily when pressed.
- 7Press the crumbs evenly and firmly into the tart pan.
- 8Press the back of the tines of a fork all over the edges of the pan, and sprinkle the shortbread with the coarse sugar.
- 9Bake for 45-50 minutes, until it is just barely colored around the edges; don’t let it brown.
- 10Place the pan on a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- 11Remove the rim of the pan, and cut the round into 16 wedges while it is still very warm.
- 12Transfer the triangles to the wire rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Cornmeal Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 20.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: