Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
It was so fun making these cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- green liquid food coloring or yellow liquid food coloring
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in yolk,lime peel and juice.
- On low speed, beat in flour and cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands, roll dough into an 8 inch long log.
- Wrap and freeze 1 hour or until firm enough to slice neatly.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Cut log in 1/4 thick slices.
- Cut each slice in half.
- Place 2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet (s).
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to brown lightly.
- Cool on sheet 1 minute before removing.
- ICING: Whisk sugar,juice and water in bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in a tiny amount (less than 1 drop) food color until lightly tinted.
- Scrape into a small ziptop plastic bag, snip tip off 1 corner and drizzle icing over cookies.
- Let dry.