jas kaur's Note:
This soup is only available in the most fine dining restaurants. It is the most delicious soup you could ever think of, tasting of fresh coriander n lemon. You could add the vegetables or just leave them out and add only chicken if using the non veg version. Its so simple to make and if you prepare it on a dinner party, it would be an instant star try it !!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1774.42 ml water (veg version) or 1774.42 ml prepared chicken stock (non veg version)
- 6 bunch fresh coriander, roots clipped with about two inches stems (root has the basic flavor)
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated a
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 inch gingerroot, skin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1537.83 ml prepared stock (from the above ingredients)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 beans (almost shredded)
- 1 small carrot (cut in round very thin slices then halve it in semi circles)
- 1 mushroom (almost shredded)
- 4.92 ml green portion green onion (almost shredded)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (please don't exceed this soup should be tasting of lemon and coriander garlic and ginger if exceeded)
- 2 leaf cabbage (hard portion removed finely shredded)
- 2 spinach leaves (finely shredded)
- 118.29 ml coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 78.07 ml coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 24.64 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml msg
- 1.62 ml white pepper or 3 green chilies, finely shredded
- 19.71 ml cornflour
- 59.14 ml water (for mixing cornflour)
- 118.29 ml shredded cooked chicken (if using non veg version)
- 2Boil water or prepared stock with salt on a high flame.
- 3Add lemon zest, coriander roots, peppercorns, ginger skin.
- 4When it starts to boil, boil it for 3 minutes, then turn off flame let it stand one minute.
- 5Pass it through a sieve and return the stock to the pan. Note: will be of a very light green colour.
- 6Soup: (cooked on high flame).
- 7Boil the sieved stock with 1 tsp salt.
- 8When it starts boiling, add the vegetables and boil for 1 minute.
- 9Add msg and pepper / green chillies; cook for another minute.
- 10Mix cornflour in water or remaining stock if there is any. Add 1/2 cup coriander leaves to the soup mix well now immediately add cornflour.
- 11Cook till it boils.
- 12Reduce heat and add lemon juice, sugar, boiled pieces of shredded chicken.
- 13Cook for 4 minutes only (do not overcook).
- 14Turn off flame add 1/3 cup remaining coriander leaves; mix well.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Coriander Soup
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 510.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of