Recipe by jas kaur
This soup is only available in the most fine dining restaurants. It is the most delicious soup you could ever think of, tasting of fresh coriander n lemon. You could add the vegetables or just leave them out and add only chicken if using the non veg version. Its so simple to make and if you prepare it on a dinner party, it would be an instant star try it !!!!!
- 7 1⁄2 cups water (veg version) or 7 1⁄2 cups prepared chicken stock (non veg version)
- 6 bunches fresh coriander, roots clipped with about two inches stems (root has the basic flavor)
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated a
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 inches gingerroot, skin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 1⁄2 cups prepared stock (from the above ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 beans (almost shredded)
- 1⁄2 small carrot (cut in round very thin slices then halve it in semi circles)
- 1 mushroom (almost shredded)
- 1 teaspoon green portion green onion (almost shredded)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (please don't exceed this soup should be tasting of lemon and coriander garlic and ginger if exceeded)
- 2 leaves cabbage (hard portion removed finely shredded)
- 2 spinach leaves (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1⁄3 cup coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄3 teaspoon white pepper or 3 green chilies, finely shredded
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup water (for mixing cornflour)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cooked chicken (if using non veg version)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water or prepared stock with salt on a high flame.
- Add lemon zest, coriander roots, peppercorns, ginger skin.
- When it starts to boil, boil it for 3 minutes, then turn off flame let it stand one minute.
- Pass it through a sieve and return the stock to the pan. Note: will be of a very light green colour.
- Soup: (cooked on high flame).
- Boil the sieved stock with 1 tsp salt.
- When it starts boiling, add the vegetables and boil for 1 minute.
- Add msg and pepper / green chillies; cook for another minute.
- Mix cornflour in water or remaining stock if there is any. Add 1/2 cup coriander leaves to the soup mix well now immediately add cornflour.
- Cook till it boils.
- Reduce heat and add lemon juice, sugar, boiled pieces of shredded chicken.
- Cook for 4 minutes only (do not overcook).
- Turn off flame add 1/3 cup remaining coriander leaves; mix well.
- Serve immediately.