Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love sugar cookies, but I really love this even more. Nothing like a little lime to make a good cookie outstanding. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine, A Thousand Easy Recipes. Serving size is estimated.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- coarse sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons green decorator sugar (I used regular sugar)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Beat butter, sugar, and confectioners' sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and lime zest. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into the butter mixture.
- Chill 30 minutes (I skipped this step). Roll tablespoonfuls into balls and flatten and sprinkle with coarse sugar and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, green decorating sugar, and lime juice and spread over cooled cookies.