Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Women's Weekly Quick Mix Biscuits and Slices.
- 185 g butter
- 4.92 ml coconut essence
- 9.85 ml grated lime rind
- 78.07 ml caster sugar
- 354.88 ml plain flour
- 59.14 ml rice flour
- 78.07 ml shredded coconut
- Beat butter, sugar, essence and rind in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in fours and coconut in two batches; knead lightly.
- Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick; cut into 6cm shapes, place 3cm apart on greased oven trays.
- Bake in moderate oven 10 minutes or until firm.
- Stand 3 minutes before lifting onto wire racks to cool.
I've never been much for baking shortbread (though I like eating it), so this was a nice change-of-pace for me! Loved the combo of lime & coconut in this version! Simple & easy-to-make, too, although not long-lasting ~ I think, last night, with my guests, they were gone within 30 minutes! Thanks, much, for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]