Recipe by Eris
Source: August/September 2002 Taste of Home magazine. Recipe submitted to the magazine by Inge Schermerhorn of East Kingston, New Hampshire.
Top Review by Jockey
OOhhh La La, this is awesome. I am a lime crazed nut so I would have liked it just a little more lime - tart but the rest of the crew thought it was perfect. Gone in 60 seconds. I used pecans in the crust as I did not have the others, and didn't do any of the optional things. Its cool, its creamy, its pretty, and it's a do over! Thanks Much Eris!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground macadamia nuts or 3 tablespoons almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- additional whipped cream (optional)
- toasted coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine coconut and nuts; stir in butter.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand one minute.
- Stir in sugar; cook over low heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture.
- Add lime juice and peel; beat until blended. Tint pale green with food coloring if desired.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for five hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and coconut if desired.