- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lime, juiced and zest minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into pie shell and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until filling is just set, still needs to be a little jiggly in center, start checking at 40 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Must cool at least 15 minutes before serving, but best to let it cool, then chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours.