Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Served on a bed of shredded lettuce and garnished this a fresh summer appetizer goes well with chicken fajitas and margaritas.
- Combine shrimp, juice of two limes and chopped cilantro, to taste, and place in air-tight container.
- Shake periodically to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Garnish with lemon and lime wedges.
- Serve with salsa and chips.
I added some horseradish and served this on a bed of lettuce with salsa and thrououghly enjoyed it. Did not bother with the chips!
Loved the flavor of the limes and cilantro. I actually used this as a marinade for steak fajitas - absolutely wonderful!
I found the shrimp to be a little tough being "cooked" twice. I used uncooked shrimp and it turned a lovely shade of pink in the lime juice and were very tender. Its like making Ceveche.