Recipe by LMillerRN
From Cooking Light. Adjust jalapeno to your taste.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Tasty!! Two changes ... I added a bit more pepper, I like spice and also I did add some diced avocado for a fresh cool flavor to the wrap. And me, I did have sour cream as a garnish.
But, the recipe was good as is. I just love sour cream with any kind of Mexican type food. Nice recipe and blend of flavors.
Thx for sharing a great recipe
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Add oil to pan.
- Add pork, and saute 4 minutes or until browned Remove pork from pan; place in a bowl. Add onion and jalapeno to pan. Add broth; reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato; simmer 2 minutes.
- Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute or until pork in done.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla; roll up.