Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a recent issue of Gemma's Homestyle Italian Cooking. It didn't strike me as very Italian sounding recipe, but it still sounds tasty.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks, 1 inch thick (about 4)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped (seeded if desired to reduce fire)
- 1 garlic clove, mince (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine lime juice, cilantro, water, jalapeño pepper, garlic and cumin and pour into a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add steaks, seal and shake bag to coat meat.
- Let marinate in refrigerator 1-2 hours,shaking bag every now and then.
- Toss marinade when ready to grill steaks.
- Grill steaks over medium heated (preheated) until cooked to your liking, turning once (about 15-20 minutes for rare to medium).
- Once cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carve steaks into thin slices and serve.
Heather, this was a great sounding recipe when I first saw it for our cookout-cookathon. I made the marinade, but I used filets instead of the chuck steak. It was wonderful. I am addicted to lime and cilantro anyway, and this was a great marinade. I will use it again. Thanks for posting this recipe. ;-)
I made this for my family tonight, and all three of my girls couldn't get enough. Perfect balance of tastes nothing overpowered or overwhelmed. I used this with t-bone steaks, and it was perfect!
This turned out great, its my family's favorite.