Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled,ends removed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, wash,dry
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro leaves, and black pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
A friend had given me a bottle of commercial cilantro dressing, it was wonderful. The bottle got thrown out and could never quite find another that tasted as good; til I found your recipe. Thanks for sharing.
This came out better than I thought it would - I was a little leary since it was very oily - I only used 1/3 cup of EVOO and I used the juice from 2 limes. But I served this on a really nice salad that called for a lime-cilantro dressing - Recipe#381296 - and it was AWESOME !! Really quick and easy to make, and that's always a plus. I didn't have fresh cilantro, so used 1/2 tablespoon dried, which gave the dressing plenty of flavor without overpowering it. Thanks for posting - I'll definitely use this dressing again! Made for "All You Can Cook Buffet" tag in the Cooking with Friends forum.
I started with really good, really fresh organic cilantro and key lime juice. This was fantastic on potato tacos! However, the olive oil was reduced to 1/3 cup and pumped up the lime juice which was a ratio more to my liking. Mmmmmmmm!! Reviewed for May-Cilantro highlight in the Spanish/Portuguese forum.