Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Comes from July 2007 Cooking Light. Very light and refreshing; especially nice for those who love cilantro! Use packaged coleslaw and it's ready in minutes!
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (12 ounce) package coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- In small bowl combine lime juice, olive oil, sugar.
- Combine green onions, cilantro and coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
- Drizzle juice mixture over coleslaw mixture; toss well to coat.
Very different! This is not a heavy calorie laden mayo dripping mess! This is light and fresh and Muy Delicioso! Do use fresh lime because it is really showcased here! This has just a touch of sweet that balances so well with the tartness of the lime. This is so fresh and yummy! I have a new favorite! Thank you Galley Wench! *Made for ZWT 5*
I'm so glad I found this recipe. This coleslaw was so delicious and different from all the other coleslaw recipes on here. I'll make this one again and again. I don't like the coleslaw mixes so I shredded cabbage and carrots. I also added a tiny bit of garlic because I love it so much. Made for ZWT5
This was really good! We enjoyed the cilantro taste. I felt that you really tasted the lime and the cilantro in this dish. Which I love! Overall a good side dish to serve on a hot summer day. It's quick, easy and tasty too. Thanks for posting.