Recipe by stormylee
A tasty chocolate cake with a fresh hint of lime and no added fat! This makes a small cake - you might actually prefer to call it a crustless pie! The recipe comes from Maria Ohrn's cookbook Kladdkakor.
Top Review by Apie-ness
I had to make a slight modification becuase I only had 2 large eggs, but I firgured it would be ok. Turned out really yummy - almost brownie like, but no added fat (oil/butter)! I'll be making this again.
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml sugar
- 100 ml all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 ml cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 250 g Quark
- 1 lime, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease and flour a 22 - 24 cm round cake pan (with a removable bottom).
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and cream-coloured.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar and salt; add to the egg and sugar mixture, mixing carefully.
- Add quark and lime zest, stir to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on how soft you want the cake to be).
- Let the cake cool before removing it from the pan.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar, decorate with thin lime slices and serve with whipped cream.