Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros (my recipe book of choice). Apparently this actually works with most kinds of fish but the recipe states salmon. This works best as a starter and needs to be made around half a day ahead of when you need it. You don't cook it but instead the salmon sort of cooks itself in the lime marinade. Not yet tried.
- 4 skinned salmon fillets
- 4 limes, juice of
- 2 red chilies (more if you like it hotter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped) or 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 cm grated fresh ginger
- Shred the salmon into smallish sized pieces and place in a wide, non-metallic bowl.
- Pour the lime juice, chilli, corriander, cumin and garlic over the fish and season with salt & pepper.
- Take the grated ginger and firmly squeeze the juice over the salmon. Discard the pulp.
- Mix well (but gently), cover with cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.