1/2 Photos of Lime, Chilli and Coconut Chicken
2 hrs 15 mins
This is my version of a Thai style dish. I certainly wouldn't call it authentic by any standards, but it's still popular with those who have eaten it! If you don't like or don't have lime, you can substitute lemon and get a very similar taste. Also please feel free to add or remove chile to your liking - my husband doesn't like very hot food, so this is a fairly mild version. If you don't have fresh ginger, you can also use the minced variety that comes in a jar. The serving size is listed as 2-4 as we don't eat a lot of meat, so for the 2 of us this will do 2 meals. However, if you don't serve this with veggies and eat a large amount of meat, it may only do 2 meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients except coconut milk and chicken breasts together in a plastic container big enough to also fit chicken into.
- 2Slice chicken breasts into strips - you should get about 4-6 strips from each chicken breast, depending on the size.
- 3Put the chicken breasts into the container with the marinade and mix well, making sure all chicken strips are thoroughly coated with the marinade.
- 4Seal the container and place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- 5Remove from the fridge and heat a frying pan on medium-high heat on the stove.
- 6Take the chicken strips out of the marinade, and scrape all the marinade off. Put the chicken in the pan and cook.
- 7After one side of the strips are browned, turn over. Then tip the remaining marinade into the pan, around the chicken.
- 8Cook chicken and marinade for a few seconds, then add coconut milk. Allow to boil, then turn down and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then serve with steamed rice and veggies.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime, Chilli and Coconut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce
light coconut cream