Recipe by katew
Cut from an edition of House and Garden. Chicken could also be used. Prep time does not include marinating time in the fridge.
Top Review by Jostlori
So, so good! I knew just from tasting the marinade that this was going to be super good... The chops turned out very juice and with an amazing flavor! The only thing I'd do differently next time is to use thinner chops. We pan fried the chops, and because of the sugar they browned too quickly and were just barely done before we had to take them from the pan. This is surely going to be a family favorite from here out. Thanks for posting! Made for Team Gourmet Goddesses, ZWT9.
- 6 large pork chops
- 10 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 red chilies, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cms piece gingerroot, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 tbslp rum
- splash agnostura bitters
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients minus the pork chops together.
- Put the chops into the marinade.
- Cover and place in the fridge for several hours.
- Turn chops every so often.
- When time to cook, remove from marinade.
- Scrape off any marinade sticking to them and return it to the dish.
- Season chops to taste.
- Heat frypan till very hot.
- Add a little oil and cook chops on high heat for 3 minutes or till they have a good colour.
- Turn and repeat on other side.
- Turn down heat to low and continue to cook chops tll cooked through, at least 10 minutes.
- There should be no pink juices when you piece them.
- Towards end of cooking time add marinade and let it glaze chops.