Recipe by JanetB-KY
This is from the current issue (Summer '06) of Krafts Food & Family Magazine. I plan on making this in the next few days and am sure others would love it too. Looking at it, I can see how the flavors could be easily changed by different jello flavors. It is printed with sugar free ingredients but I am posting with regular ones.
Top Review by smellicious
My sister made this for a picnic buffet and it was great. We had both lime and lemon pies. I can imagine any flavor or combination of flavors would be great. She had used the sugar-free of the jell-o and cool whip for a diabetic friend with great results. I can't wait to try different flavors. Nearly effortless with beautiful and delicious results.
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip (I see no problem subbing whipped heavy cream here if one wanted to)
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved; add enough ice to cold water to measure one cup; add to jello, stir until ice is completely melted then stir in lime juice and peel.
- Add Cool Whip or whipped cream; stir with wire whisk until well blended; refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound; spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight; store in refrigerator.