2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
The fresh taste of lime is a nice change from , the usual lemon in a lot of recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced, and divided
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tequila (optional)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut horizontally in half
- 1 orange, sliced (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Whisk together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 cup lime juice, 1 minced jalapeño pepper, pineapple juice, garlic, and tequila (if using), in a medium bowl.
- 3Place chicken and lime mixture in a shallow bowl or large zip-top freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Drain chicken, discard marinade.
- 4Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350°F-400°F), 4 minutes on each side, or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 5Grill pineapple and orange slices 5 minutes on each side, watching to prevent burning; coarsely chop pineapple, and place in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, remaining 1 minced jalapeño, honey, and lime rind. Serve with chicken and grilled orange slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Chicken With Grilled Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 466.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g