Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
The fresh taste of lime is a nice change from , the usual lemon in a lot of recipes.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced, and divided
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tequila (optional)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut horizontally in half
- 1 orange, sliced (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 cup lime juice, 1 minced jalapeño pepper, pineapple juice, garlic, and tequila (if using), in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken and lime mixture in a shallow bowl or large zip-top freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Drain chicken, discard marinade.
- Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350°F-400°F), 4 minutes on each side, or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Grill pineapple and orange slices 5 minutes on each side, watching to prevent burning; coarsely chop pineapple, and place in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, remaining 1 minced jalapeño, honey, and lime rind. Serve with chicken and grilled orange slices.
SOO yummy, even with bottled, vs fresh, lime juice. Thanks!