Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An experiment gone woefully right--a powerful combination of flavors starting with the lime, moving to the balsamic vinaigrette, and finishing with a spicy kick. Goes particularly well with a dry red wine :-D.
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Bacardi Limon
- 1⁄2 cup basil balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- lime juice
- Combine all chicken ingredients and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Pour combination into a frying pan and cook on medium high until sauce has boiled down to 1/3 its original height. The sauce should be thick by this point.
- Steam rice as usual, except add butter, Worcestershire sauce (just a dash is probably enough) and lime juice to taste.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over steamed rice. Steamed veggies would be a great addition as well.
- If you don't have balsamic basil vinaigrette, regular balsamic vinaigrette and a teaspoon of freshly minced basil will work as well.
Really, really good, TATLien. I did just a bit of adjusting to the spices per out tastes but basically followed the recipe. Both of us gobbled this up with some stir-fried vegetables.