Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a trim healty mama recipe from Gwen's Nest. I have ammended it to taste. Use any chicken left over so for supper the next night I reheated the chicken and added white wine, cream, and romano cheese. I served it over pasta and it was phenomenal.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 green onions, stalks chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- cilantro (to taste)
- tequila, splash
- cayenne pepper
- diced tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- guacamole (S)
- rice or beans
- Dice chicken into 1″ chunks or make into strips. Put chicken into medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through and no longer pink. Marinate the chicken in 2/3s of the sauce mixture. Add a splash of tequila (if desired). Dump the marinade and added the last 1/3 of fresh marinade to the chicken as it was nearly done cooking through and add cilantro (to taste). Sprinkle with cayene pepper (to taste).
- Heat tortillas in the oven on 200* by removing them from plastic packaging and placing them in lightly damp tea towel or paper towels and wrapping in foil (or put into a covered dish).
- Prep other side dishes and toppings.
- When chicken is finished cooking, add toppings and serve.
We loved this chicken recipe an it's taste.<br/>As we don't have tacos here I prepared some fresh corn tortillas that we used as soft tacos! Mhhh! To the chicken and tortillas we added fresh prepared salsa with fresh diced tomatoes, onion chlantro and chili. We also had some Greek yogurt to serve with it.<br/>No leftovers! I don't wonder! Thanks a lot for this post!