This is a trim healty mama recipe from Gwen's Nest. I have ammended it to taste. Use any chicken left over so for supper the next night I reheated the chicken and added white wine, cream, and romano cheese. I served it over pasta and it was phenomenal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 green onions, stalks chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- cilantro (to taste)
- tequila, splash
- cayenne pepper
- 1Dice chicken into 1″ chunks or make into strips. Put chicken into medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through and no longer pink. Marinate the chicken in 2/3s of the sauce mixture. Add a splash of tequila (if desired). Dump the marinade and added the last 1/3 of fresh marinade to the chicken as it was nearly done cooking through and add cilantro (to taste). Sprinkle with cayene pepper (to taste).
- 2Heat tortillas in the oven on 200* by removing them from plastic packaging and placing them in lightly damp tea towel or paper towels and wrapping in foil (or put into a covered dish).
- 3Prep other side dishes and toppings.
- 4When chicken is finished cooking, add toppings and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Chicken Taco's
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 558.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 48.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: