Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Simple & Delicious, slightly modified. I could best describe this recipe as zesty, easy, and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 10 flour tortillas (warmed)
- Place chicken in a 3 qt slow cooker.
- Combine lime juice, chili powder, corn, salsa, and about half a cup of water.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly.
- Shred and return to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese, and lettuce if desired.
I have this from Simple and Delicious magazine/ cookbook. It is so easy , delicious and low-fat. I followed the original instructions, which were to put the chicken breasts in the crock pot, mix 3-4 tablespoons of lime juice with the chili powder(I used taco seasoning instead-a better blend of spices) and to pour the mixture over the chicken. There was no need for the 1/2 cup of water, the chicken gives off plenty of juices. After the chicken was tender (mine took less than 3 hours), I shredded it and then put it back in the crock pot and added the salsa and corn. I added 1 cup of black beans also , and more lime juice and fresh cilantro. Heated through for 30-60 minutes. These are great and a lifesaver when you need a fast, easy dinner!They please everyone in my family too!
This was fantastic both times I made it. 1st time, made to recipe. 2nd time, added 2 cans of green chilies and can of black beans. Was even better 2nd time around. Great over nachos or by itself. Such a quick easy delicious meal!!!!
This was super easy and delicious. I used frozen chicken breasts, so I eliminated the water. It turned out great! I will add a little more spice next time, since it was not hot enough for my taste. I added some green chilies and enchilada sauce to the leftovers to made a chicken enchilada caserole. Great muti-use recipe!