1/2 Photos of Lime Chicken Stuffed With Goat Cheese
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a great dish for a special occasion! It's impressive looking, delicious, and surprisingly easy to make. I got this from the Cook Now, Serve Later cookbook by Readers Digest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces mild fresh goat cheese (Bucheron or Montrachet or ricotta cheese that has been drained for 30 minutes in a sieve lined with)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cheese, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 2Carefully loosen the skin over the chicken breast with your fingertips and stuff the cheese mixture between the skin and the breast meat, arranging it in an even layer.
- 3Pull the skin back into place and truss the chicken (optional).
- 4At this point the chicken can be stored.
- 5Transfer it to a platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- 6Preheat the oven to 475*F.
- 7Rub the chicken with the lime juice and set it breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 8Roast, uncovered, basting with the pan juices every 15 minutes, until golden-about 30 minutes.
- 9Reduce the heat to 375*F.
- 10and roast, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when the chicken is pricked with a fork-1 to 1 1/4 hours longer.
- 11Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let rest for 15 minutes covered loosely with aluminum foil, before carving.
- 12This is good served with rice and carrots, and a salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Chicken Stuffed With Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.2
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 203.3 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 46.0 g