Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love Mexican food and this is another one of my favorites. Lime and chicken are and excellent combination. I found it on the web. Thanks Marissa.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 28.39 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 59.14 ml shredded lettuce
- 59.14 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 59.14 ml salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano.
- Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
This is a great recipe! I threw in a handful of cilantro right before I closed the lid to simmer and I'm very glad I did. It made it full of flavor.
This chicken was great! I can't believe that you don't have to marinate it! I follwoed the recipe and used corn tortillas, it wasn't excatly "Mexican" or at least not Nortena (baja) mexican, but very delicious. R it reminded me of a fish taco without being fried. i am going to try the same recipe with shrimp next time!
Tasty and easy to prepare. Instead of lettuce I added shredded cabbage and radishes with the tomatoes, cheese, and salsa. Also squeezed more lime over EVERYTHING. The tastes all blended nicely and the textures were all good.