Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Soft taco time!
Make and share this Lime Chicken Soft Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.