- 2 large chicken breasts
Juice for cooking chicken in
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 white pita bread
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hickory barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1⁄8 cup lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts in lemon juice, lime juice, water, garlic powder, parsley, and ground pepper. Cube into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle six pitas with cubed chicken, red onions, red bell peppers, diced cheese, and cilantro.
- Broil until cheese begins to melt (about 5 minutes).
- Combine soy sauce, barbeque sauce, orange juice, lime juice, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and cornstarch until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Drizzle pitas with sauce.