Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adapted this recipe from one in a book that came with our George Foreman Grill. It is really easy to make and tastes great, even left over. Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- tortilla chips
- Cut chicken into small strips.
- Combine lime jice, pepper, chili powder and olive oil and use it to coat chicken. Marinate chicken for at least half an hour.
- While chicken is marinating, cut up onion and cook corn. Toss these with an additional 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Grill or pan-fry marinated chicken pieces. When finished, add them to the salsa mixture.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Add cheese if desired.
Very yummy dish that made a Sunday lunch enjoyable! I used grilled chicken pieces and marinated them for about 2 hours. I cooked the corn, and then threw the corn and the onions in with the chicken to cook, adding a little bit more chili powder and lime juice. Then I threw it over chips, melted cheese on top, and topped it with some sour cream. Very nice chicken flavor! Thanks for posting!
I really enjoyed this! Very cool!
I just had these last night, and I loved them. The chicken was just right. I made a few alterations. I used white onion and cooked it with my chicken. I used canned corn and added black beans. I warmed the chips in the oven, and we added sour cream, cheese and jalapenos to the top. Wonderful!