1/5 Photos of Lime Chicken Linguine W/Cilantro Cream Sauce & Roasted Zucch
1 hr 35 mins
My husband made this for dinner last night, I don't know where he got the recipe, but man....it was like eating in a 5 star restaurant! Don't let all the steps and ingredients scare you off, this recipe is for the entire meal! The flavour reminded me of being in Costa Rica :) Prep time is marinating time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Chicken
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
For the Zucchini
For the Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- 1Whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add the chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning the chicken occasionally.
- 2Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cilantro and garlic, cook and stir 1 minute. Pour in the wine, chicken broth, and 2 tablespoons lime juice, and return to a simmer. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return the mixture to the sauce pan and stir in the cream and green onions; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 3Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- 4Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- 5Drain well and transfer linguine to a large mixing bowl; add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the Parmesan cheese, and the quartered cherry tomatoes; toss until the pasta is evenly coated in oil.
- 6Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts, turning once, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- 7Meanwhile, lie the zucchini on a baking sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil with a pastry brush. Place zucchini on middle rack in the oven, and bake, turning every 5 minutes, until nicely browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8Return Cilantro Cream sauce to the stovetop and re-heat.
- 9Lie the zucchini pieces side by side on a serving platter; lie the chicken breasts on the zucchini; pour the cilantro cream sauce over the chicken. Serve with the pasta on the side.
- 10If there is some extra sauce, toss it into the pasta -- it's delicious! I found I had pasta left over, so I just re-heated it for lunch the next day :).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Chicken Linguine W/Cilantro Cream Sauce & Roasted Zucch
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1316.3
- Calories from Fat 681
- Total Fat 75.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 780.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 51.0 g