Recipe by Starrynews
A light, refreshing recipe! It is adapted from a recipe found on one of those cards in the grocery store. Pairs quite well with cilantro lime rice. 1 hour of the prep time accounts for the time needed to marinate the chicken. Add more cayenne pepper if you like it spicy!
Top Review by vballkae
Loved this. I don't care for raw onions, so used Garlic Chives from my herb garden. I also added a dash of garlic powder. Didn't notice the garlic flavor, and next time would use a little more cayenne pepper. Served with Lime-Cilantro brown rice.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken breasts into chunks and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey, and cayenne pepper and pour half of the mixture over the chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Reserve remaining marinade for later use.
- When chicken is ready, spray large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium. Place chicken in pan and discard bag with the marinade inside.
- Cover and cook chicken until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes, flipping chicken pieces occasionally.
- Combine chicken, avocado, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Pour reserved marinade over all and mix well.