Prep 8 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 4 fluid ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- Place the chicken in a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Fire up the grill!
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade.
- Grill the chicken until just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Place a cheese slice atop each chicken breast half; cover the barbecue grill and cook until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to plates.
- Serve with your favourite chili sauce.
I just didn't care for this recipe. Soy sauce and cheese just don't go together in my opinion. The herbs aren't asian... I don't know. Your taste buds may differ. It was loaded with flavor, juicy and tender, but I won't be making this again. Sorry
Hi Miller, I prepared this Saturday for Sunday dinner. Well let me just say, our guests went wild for it. It has a wonderful flavor and needed no changes at all a great main course and not hard at all to make. Thanks alot for another keeper.