Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy Lime Chicken recipe.
Make and share this Lime Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken & lime juice in plastic bag & marinate 8 - 10 hours.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Cook chicken in a sprayed fry pan or Grilling machine until done.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet.
- Top with spoonful of salsa.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.*.
- Remove chicken & place on bed of tortilla strips. Top with a few onions.
- Serve with pico de gallo.
- *May be placed in microwave to melt cheese.
- To make strips: Slice corn tortilla into 1/4" strips with pizza cutter. Fry quickly in vegetable oil. Drain on paper towels. Lightly season with salt.
I liked the use of Rose's lime for the marinade. With simple salt & pepper it added up to a tasty piece of chicken. Not sweet at all, not too tart, just nice. I did make an error so had to adapt to fit. Mistakenly I thawed bone in chicken thighs instead of boneless breasts so I adapted. I marinated the chicken then rolled in panko crumbs for a crispy coating. I served the salsa on the side for dipping & skipped the cheese. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2010.