I "iron chefed" this one based on items I had on hand. Amazingly, it turned out to be the best ice cream I ever had. When I tasted the custard in the fridge, I very seriously considered serving the custard as dessert without even churning it into ice cream. The taste is amazing. Very very rich, but not heavy, not too sweet, with lots of flavor nuance. Truly premium. Prep time does not include time to chill in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk, coconut milk powder, salt, and half the sugar.
- 22. Meanwhile, mix the egg yolks with the other half of the sugar.
- 33. Add the yolk/sugar mixture to the pan, whisk well.
- 44. Bring up to 175 degrees, promptly remove from heat.
- 55. Add agar and goat cheese, whisk well, letting the cheese melt into the custard.
- 66. Add juice and zest of lime, whisk, let cool on countertop. Refrigerate for at least3 hours to let the flavors mingle.
- 77. Process according to ice cream maker specs.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Cheesecake Best Ice Cream I Ever Had
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.3 mg
- Sodium 299.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut milk powder