Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, Grated
- 24 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- fresh strawberries
- lime slice (optional)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter and stir well.
- Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in lime rind, juice and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and 3 tablespoons sugar; stir well and spread evenly over cheesecake.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack, immediately run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake from the side of the pan (this helps prevent cracking).
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill at least 4 hours.
- To serve, carefully remove sides of springform pan, if desired, garnish with strawberries and lime slices.