Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
From the files of Winona Holt. I think this one dates back to the 50's, but it is still good today. No luncheon at the church was complete unless there were at least 10 different jello dishes. Prep time is an estimate and is the refrigeration time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (11 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Pour water over gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Add pineapple, cottage cheese, celery, nuts and cheddar cheese.
- Put in a mold or an 8"x8" square dish and refrigerate until firm.
- To serve: cut into squares and put a dollop of dressing on top.
Very good. Not too sweet. Similar to a recipe I used to make years ago (which I lost). I served this as a side/salad with baked Macaroni and Cheese. I "frosted" the lime salad with the topping. I didn't add the optional cheddar cheese. I'll make this again.