Recipe by angelfan
If you enjoy key lime pie you will go wild for this cake.
Top Review by Pasta-Bella
My 4 year-old caught me off guard by requesting a Lime Cake for Christmas. I found this recipe in time to make it for New Year's Day. We all enjoyed it very very much!
I didn't have time to make the frosting so we simply enjoyed it with a sprinkling of powdered sugar over the lime glaze. The cake was very moist and had a wonderful tart lime flavor. A very pretty color of green as well. A new family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups Crisco cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (or use realime)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- green food coloring
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) boxok lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the 1 1/2 cups sugar with the 5 eggs, crisco oil,baking powder, lime jello, soda, flour, vanilla, lemon extract, 3/4 cup orange juice.
- Beat with mixer till well blended.
- grease abd flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- bake batter in 350 oven 30 to 40 min till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- while cake is till warm, mix 1/3 cup powderd sugar, 1/3 cup limejuice and prick cake with fork, pour limejuice mixture over cake.
- put in frige.
- When cake is chilled, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbs flour, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/3 pineapple juice, 1 beaten egg and a few drops green food color, in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat till thick.
- mix with 8 oz cool whip and spread on cake.